Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fridays And Fall Days




















Fridays and fall days are my favorites. Why? Friday is exciting because it is the last day of the work week. Working with middle schoolers all week can be exhausting. Friday lets me know that I have made it through the week. I can look forward to Lauren coming home from college which means that our little family is all together again for the weekend. We always go out to eat after taking care of our sheep. A real treat was going to Asheville last week to eat at Fuddruckers, our favorite hamburger joint!! Sometimes it's Hot Dog World. Last night we went to Chick-fil-a. Friday also means that I can sleep a little longer in the morning. :)

Fall days in western North Carolina are beautiful. We woke to a grey morning that turned into a sunny afternoon. Since Rothey didn't cut hay, we enjoyed watching the sheep enjoy eating fallen leaves. Our colors are getting better but we're not quite there yet.

Emily and Charlotte enjoy this weather along with us!


















Here's mom, Shania, with her girls. They still don't get too far away from her. These are 3 of our favorite sheep! Can you tell? My daughter asked me why I took so many pictures of them.



















This picture should be the first. We came to let them into a little side pasture. Notice this one is free of leaves. See those round hay bales in the background? It is so good to know that we have plenty this year and won't have to worry with winter feedings! Last year we cut it real close. It was the first time that we fed all that there was to feed. (Some of the hay was a couple of years old.)

This is the flock at our house. We have many more sheep at my parents' place.
We also have more favorites over there. Yes, we love our sheep!!


Baby Jane says, "Aw, Mom, you know that I am your most favoritest of all these sheep!" Yes, Jane, one of my most favorite of the sheep!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Great pictures, beautiful sheep.

Hidaway Farms Shetlands said...

Thank you, Kara!