Monday, April 7, 2008

While we wait...


I can appreciate this chapter in Psalms even more now that we are shepherds also.

Psalm 23

" The Lord is my shepherd;

I have everything I need.

He lets me rest in green meadows;

he leads me beside peaceful streams.

He renews my strength.

He guides me along right paths,

bringing honor to his name.


Even when I walk

through the dark valley of death,

I will not be afraid,

for you are close beside me.

Your rod and your staff

protect and comfort me.


You prepare a feast for me

in the presence of my enemies.

You welcome me as a guest,

anointing my head with oil.

My cup overflows with blessings.

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me

all the days of my life,

and I will live in the house of the Lord forever."


A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Keller describes what each verse means in its relation to being a sheep with the shepherd.


There is an amazing hope in knowing the Good Shepherd!

No comments: